With technology advancing at lightning speed, your patient and practice needs are also evolving. This means your processes should be doing the same – and you want to start with billing software.
Since this is a main aspect of your care process, it should be updated to improve patient convenience and allow you room to grow as a business. While new features will vary – from easy credit card processing options to email reminders – updating your billing software is quickly becoming necessary.
Your billing software controls many aspects of your business – from invoices to accounts payable, there is much invested in ensuring it’s successful for your practice. However, an out of date program will not only bode poorly for your practice operations, but it will damage patient convenience as well. Patients no longer want three sheets of paper that explain the appointment and the copay they were charged. The world lives online, and so do they.
- Online dashboard for you: From here you can send invoice reminders, print out past payments, or share payment updates with patients. This makes the process more organized and allows you to keep in touch with your patients in a manner that is appropriate for them.
- Online dashboard for them: New billing features allow patients to see their invoices, both current and historical, wherever they have an internet connection.
Room for Growth
Every good business model is built to ensure the company can evolve with patients and new technology. Working in a practice means you are operating on all cylinders – sending out invoices, taking patients, sending scripts and working with other industry experts. Getting your practice on the fast track with upgraded billing software will ensure you stay up to pace with competitors.
- Payment options: Get more payment options to better service your patients. Your patients are now turning to mobile payments with companies like PayPal. You’ll need to put processes in place that can handle these various methods successfully.
- Email reminders: Instead of sending reminders out in the mail, where it will take up to a week to be retrieved and paid – email it. This is more convenient for your tech savvy patients and easier for you.
No practice stays stagnant anymore. Your patients want access anywhere and everywhere, and your billing software should provide that for both you and them. For example, there are some billing documents that just can’t wait to be approved or sent out.
But, with mobile billing software you can be available at all times, allowing your practice to run smoothly whether you’re in the office or not. While there are a number of mobile features to take advantage of, there is one you can’t go without.
- Electronic signature: A great feature of new billing programs is electronic signature. No longer will you sit at a desk signing papers – sign on your tablet or phone, no matter where you are.
While there are many aspects that go into your office’s success, your billing software is high on that list. Running your practice with outdated software not only puts you at a disadvantage, but it can keep you from growing alongside patients and their needs.
So, don’t just upgrade your billing software for them, but do it for your practice as well.
Jessica Sanders is an avid small business writer touching on topics that range from social media to medical practice software and business phone systems. She is a professional blogger and web content writer for ResourceNation.com.Tweet